All 19 art Reviews

Blondie Blondie

Great pic, all around. I'm loving the colors and the shading. And the background is stellar! The plane and contrail detail is particularly nice.

One piece of constructive criticism for future works: Her neck/head seem a little too far back; even with considering how far out her chest is sticking and the arch in her back. Centering the head slightly (very slightly) to the left could make her posture more natural-looking.

Great work either way!

Power is a Sacrifice Power is a Sacrifice

Wow! That was made in GIMP? I'll have to practice more once I get a new tablet.

The Last Creature The Last Creature

Wow, this just brings back memories of Shadow of the Colossus. It has such an ominous feel to it, filled with a sense of apprehension, uncertainty, and emptiness.

skullzNHERO responds:

Love that game :D

Stolen Stolen

Very clever
:-)

deathink responds:

Thanks man!

PIPER PIPER

I agree. Moths can be very cute (entomologist speaking here). Love the style.

2y Zoro 2y Zoro

I love anything one-piece related, so this was a great piece, IMO. My only critique is that Zoro's deltoids are Dragonball Z-big. He's more muscular than Luffy, but I can't recall him every being that developed in that area.

Shatter *Fixed* Shatter *Fixed*

Much better. Great image. If you don't mind my asking, what type of medium/art tools did you use to make it? I'm trying to figure out what I can do to make my drawings look better.

SignHerePlease responds:

Thanks I'm glad you think I improved, I used Photoshop CS4
I use the brush tool with different density and opacity setting,
Layer effects include, multiply, hue, and a color dodge layer filled with black

SHATTER HELL SHATTER HELL

The level of intimidation I feel when looking into that single, yellow eye is enough to make this an A+ project. And the nudity only emphasizes a non-human perception of the body. It doesn't feel sexual, more like raw force of presence. If there is one thing that stands out as looking a bit "odd" it's probably the lower muscle on her right thigh. I think you made it too distinct from her thigh so that it bulges a bit too much. Otherwise, nice job.

SignHerePlease responds:

Yeah I TOTALLY screwed that up and everyone catches on every site lol

Caveman Caveman

I think this might be the first image on Newgrounds that actually tugged on my heart strings a bit. The display of sadness was confusing until I noticed the caveman gripping the hand in the lower right corner. A whole story unfolded in front of me in that moment and the subject's pain became very identifiable. Very well done in capturing the emotion.

Chimp Business Chimp Business